Thursday 29 July 2010

Pick your own farm

We took our surprise visitor to the Pick your own farm. I want to make red currant jam which is really hard to get by here.


Everybody helped picking, even little monkey. He was very pleased that he could reach the berries. Last year we didn't pick currants, I only remembered that I like them when we reached the parking lot again. The strawberries are grown it troughs high up so little monkey can't reach them. He has to resort to picking them out of the baskets. However, this year there weren't any more left so we only had raspberries and the currants. When I tried to make the raspberry jam the next day half of them had miraculously disappeared...





PS: Jam is made and very nice, just the way I like it. No pips and not too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment