Wednesday 6 July 2011

The recorder concert


Yesterday was the music performance at Big Monkey's school. She has been learning the recorder for several years now. Now the recorder wouldn't have been my first choice of instruments to learn but she really enjoys it. She practices without being nagged and she often plays it as part of a game. She has progressed a lot and her music sounds pretty good for a recorder. But of course in the beginning it sounded very squeaky. I don't have to spell out how that concert went with all the beginners playing happily some weird melody that has been created to learn the notes in a way that make sense for the recorder.
After the recorder came the piano performance, which was interesting I'd say. Sometimes I even recognized the song. And after that I left so I missed out on the guitar show. Which apparently was the best or so Big Monkey told me.

No comments:

Post a Comment