Thursday 1 March 2012

World Book Day


Today is World Book Day. Did you know that? Well, now you do. Because we love books and reading here we celebrated by buying everybody a new book to read. Any excuse...


Big Monkey chose the The Wishing Chair Collection by Enid Blyton and Little Monkey wished for a book about Robots. They only had two, I was expecting them to have loads. But this one is very cute about an inventor hamster. Then we thought we need There's a house inside my Mummy. I ordered a book for myself and Daddy Monkey on Amazon because the Children's Book Store only sells books for children. Not surprisingly.

Big Monkey also dressed up as the heroine of one of her favourite books.


She is Mary from The Secret Garden. Mainly because we had transformed her only plain top with an embroidered horse and that wouldn't do to be Daine from The Immortals by Tamora Pierce.

2 comments:

  1. My Little Lady LOVES The Secret Garden! What a great costume! I love the quote by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both books but do have a softness for the secret garden - but then it's a garden :)

    ReplyDelete