Wednesday 31 March 2010

Carrot cupcakes


Last Sunday big monkey and I baked carrot cupcakes. We got the recipe with our vegetable box and as the required carrots and oranges came in this box we decided to give it a go. I couldn't find mascapone cheese so we decorated them with a blood orange sugar icing and sprinkles instead. I have to confess I haven't searched hard for the mascapone. You just can't go wrong with sprinkles.

Personally I still think cakes with vegetables rather weird. But this one was actually very nice, not too sweet and no nuts. I think that's why I normally don't like carrot cake. Big monkey was a big help, little monkey only helped with demolishing. Sadly, none of the cupcakes lived long enough to be a present for the Easter bunny. He will have to do with a plain ol' carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment